If you would like to make a claim (all policies except Equine), please call the office at (770) 356-8674.
Important notice for all Equine policies:
All accidents, sicknesses, injuries and/or deaths must be provided to:
Markel Insurance Company
4600 Cox Road, Glen Allen, VA 23060-9817
PO Box 3870, Glen Allen, VA 23058-3870
Contact by Phone:
Monday-Friday, 8:30am-5:00pm EST
After 5:00 pm EST, weekends and holidays
1. Immediately report any accidents, sickness, injuries or disease.
2. Contact Markel for authorization prior to any medical or surgical procedures and prior to euthanasia.
3. Immediately make arrangements for a necropsy. Please do not move or dispose of your horse without Markel’s consent.
4. Call the police immediately in case of theft, shooting, or vehicular involvement.
5. Please bring these procedures and Markel contact information to the attention of any persons responsible for the care, custody and control of your business, property or horse(s). Failure to comply may jeopardize your coverage.
1. Have your horse euthanized without consent of Markel.
2. Have your horse’s remains removed prior to necropsy.
3. Neglect a police report, when applicable.
4. Authorize any medical or surgical procedures for your horse without contacting Markel.